Facebook search now showing up results from all posts across entire social network you have access to. It will bring out or discover almost 2 trillion Facebook posts and will display those results for which you have enough permission to see.
Prior you could figure out what your friends are stating, and now Facebook has indexed more than 2 trillion posts. Facebook searches will bring the latest and applicable posts from your friends and also public.
“When something happens in the world, people often turn to Facebook to see how their friends and family are reacting”. Tom Stocky, Facebook vp of search wrote in a blog post, “Today, we’re updating Facebook Search so that in addition to friends and family, you can find out what the world is saying about topics that matter to you.”
Here is the Facebook’s description of the updates -
- Better search suggestions: When you tap into the search box and start typing, we’ll now offer timely, personalized search suggestions. As you type, we’ll highlight things that are happening right now so you can follow popular stories as they unfold.
- Search results with public posts and posts from friends: When you search, you’ll now see the most recent, relevant public posts along with posts from your friends. Search results are organized to help you cut through the noise and quickly understand what the world is saying about a topic in the moment. You also can pull-to-refresh and see the latest public posts.
- Find public conversations with search: When a link gets shared widely on Facebook, it often anchors an interesting public conversation. Now there’s a new way to quickly dive into that discussion. With one tap, you can find public posts about a link, see popular quotes and phrases mentioned in these posts, and check out an aggregate overview of sentiment. This feature is a first step—we look forward to people using it and giving us feedback so we can make it even better.
This update from Facebook is for iOS, android as well as web. You can hide your posts from Facebook search results by making your public post private. For this you can manage the setting under ‘who can see my stuff’. Follow these steps to make your public post private:
1. Click on lock icon in upper right-hand corner of your Facebook page.
2. Now click who can see my stuff?
3. Under who can see my future posts? You’ll find two options – Public or Friends.
4. Select Public, if you want your posts to be included on Facebook Search.
4. If you do not want your post to be included in Facebook search, then select Friends.