LG officially announced the release date of G Flex smartphone in October. The Curved and flexible LG smartphone will be available for pre-orders in Singapore starting December 8 and in Hong Kong on December 13 where it will be sold through retailers and from major cellular carriers.
The LG G Flexible smartphone is curved vertically, and it features a 6-inch, 720p OLED display, a Snapdragon 800 processor, 2GB of RAM and a 13-megapixel camera. It is one of the world’s flexible smartphones from LG and latest device in LG’s premium G Series . The price of the phone has not been set yet.
Its other amazing features include -
1. Self-healing back cover that will help in eliminating scratches.
2. Custom designed battery.
3. It allows the battery to curve with the body of the device.
4. It include a quad-core 2.26GHz CPU, 2GB of RAM, 13MP rear camera, and a 2.1MP front camera.
5. GPU: Adreno 330 at 450MHz
6. Size: 160.5 x 81.6 x 7.9
7. Operation System: Android jelly bean
8. 6-inch 720p video display. Curved vertically
9. 2GB of RAM
10. Curved vertically
For now, in LG Flex only the screens are flexible, not the entire phone. LG’s Head of Mobile Planning, Dr. Ramchan Woo, told SlashGear in an interview by 2015, 12 percent of phones will be flexible and by 2018, that figure will have risen to 40.